What happens next?
The information you provide will help us to build our SHAPE EPILEPSY RESEARCH NETWORK. Once you’ve completed the questionnaire, you can then decide if you’d like to get more involved.
Our plan is to include people with epilepsy in all aspects of research, from identifying and evidencing research priorities that will have the greatest impact for people living with the condition, to making decisions on the projects we fund.
This is important because:
- Only by involving people living with epilepsy can we ensure we are funding research that matters most to the people affected
- Building a strong and engaged community group will help us to build productive relationships with research organisations and accelerate the development of new treatments
- It will enable us to generate evidence to use to lobby government for increased research investment
You can shape the future of research into epilepsy
The SHAPE EPILEPSY RESEARCH NETWORK will bring together everyone committed to working towards a life free from epilepsy – from people living with the condition, to scientists and clinicians driving innovations and making discoveries. As part of the network, you can help shape research by:
- Sharing the impact of the condition on your life
- Helping ERUK choose the best research to fund
- Planning and prioritising research areas to focus on
- Using your experiences to support research development by informing study design and implementation
As a member of the SHAPE EPILEPSY RESEARCH NETWORK, we will ask you for your views and feedback on research through questionnaires and focus groups. You will also receive personalised emails about recent epilepsy research relevant to you, as well as upcoming research events and advance notice of opportunities for involvement in clinical trials or studies.
Together, we will create a connected and powerful network of people, who will drive and enable life changing, life saving research into epilepsy.
A life free from epilepsy is possible. But only through research.