As 2019 draws to a close, it is time to reflect and give thanks. And what a year it was!
There are so many highlights from 2019 that could only have been achieved through your support. We thought we’d just remind you of a few that stand out…
- In May we announced £1million grant awards for ground-breaking epilepsy research, taking our total investment to over £10million.
- Our 12thInternational Expert Workshop brought together 50 world-class researchers, from 36 institutions, 11 countries and 3 continents for 2 days of discussions and collaborations on epilepsy and neurodevelopmental disorders.
- We launched our first ever co-funded fellowship – the ERUK & Autistica Fellowship Award. This vital research collaboration aims to improve epilepsy treatment for autistic people.
- We revamped our website to create a bold and beautiful new digital home that accurately reflects the quality of the work of ERUK.
- ERUK-funded researchers were able to win some incredible follow on funding to support their work. This meant that for every £1 we invested in research an average of £5.16 further funding was leveraged.
- And we watched, listened, cheered and generally stood in awe of the incredible efforts of our supporters, from small children sacrificing their pocket money to people leaving legacies and the hundreds and hundreds of people in between… you know who you are and we salute you! We really do have the best supporters.
What can we say other than an enormous and heartfelt thank you.
We hope you feel confident we are delivering on our shared goal of driving and enabling life changing, life saving research into epilepsy. If you have any ideas, personal stories or feedback we would also love to hear from you.
Thank you so much for being part of this powerful community working together to achieve a life free from epilepsy.