Epilepsy Research UK is delighted to share an exciting opportunity for members of our SHAPE NETWORK. We are inviting applications to join a new steering group of people with lived experience of epilepsy, to help with the development of the network.
SHAPE NETWORK Steering Group
We’re setting up a steering group to help us develop a strategy and an implementation plan for the first year of our SHAPE NETWORK. As a steering group member you will:
- Shape plans for how people affected by epilepsy can advocate for research, for example by sharing your stories
Input on how people affected by epilepsy can get actively involved in research – for example, by commenting on applications for research funding, helping researchers to plan studies or sitting on advisory groups for research
- Help to develop information materials for both advocacy and involvement in epilepsy research
- Review a draft strategy for the SHAPE NETWORK
- Help to develop an implementation plan for the network’s first year
Why should I get involved?
By joining the steering group, you will help shape the future direction of the SHAPE NETWORK. You will learn more about the work of Epilepsy Research UK and about how your experiences can add value to the research we fund and support. You will also have a chance to continue to be involved from July onwards, as the SHAPE NETWORK develops.
The experience and skills you will need:
We want the steering group panel to fully reflect the diversity of people affected by epilepsy and we are looking for candidates who have some understanding of research into epilepsy or experience of participating in or helping to shape epilepsy research. For example, you may have:
- Taken part in a research study, or supported someone living with epilepsy to take part in a research study
- Commented on research funding applications
- Helped guide research as part of a steering or discussion group
- The group will meet virtually three times between April and July, with some activities taking place between these meetings. All these meetings and related activities will take place via Zoom, email or phone.
The group will meet virtually three times between April and July, with some activities taking place between these meetings. All these meetings and related activities will take place via Zoom, email or phone.
How do I apply?
To apply for this steering group, you must have already joined the network – please complete the SHAPE questions here. For a full role description and information about how to apply, please contact Caoimhe Twohig-Bennett here.
The closing date for applications is midday on Monday 29th March.
Interviews will take place in mid-April and our first meeting will be at the end of April.
We will offer expenses to help cover the cost of joining meetings. Please let us know if you have any specific access requirements.